Serve Yourself Well With Health and Wellness Coaching
How do you define being or feeling healthy and well?
Your health and well-being should include all aspects of your life – physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, occupational, social and environmental.
Right now, what’s keeping you from being or feeling your best?
Maybe you can recognize yourself in one or more of the following scenarios:
- You’re not sure how to implement the changes your health care provider, dietitian or personal trainer recommends.
- You’re struggling getting back into your regular exercise and healthy eating routine.
- You’re feeling overwhelmed by the stress of balancing work and life.
- You’re tired of what seems to be a never-ending cycle of losing and regaining weight.
- You’re not happy with the direction your life seems to be going.
- You’re ready for more restful sleep that energizes you for the next day.
- You’d like to discover or rediscover how you can make self-care a priority.
- You’d like to talk with someone who won’t judge you about the ways you want to improve your life.
- You’d like to figure out what your sense of purpose is in order to incorporate more meaning into your life.
- You need to tackle a big project and could use help figuring out how to do it.
- You want to feel more fulfillment with the people in your life.
If any of these scenarios ring true for you, perhaps you could use a coach.
More specifically, you may need a health and wellness coach. Health and wellness coaching can help you reach optimal well-being, whatever that looks like for you.
As a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach, I partner with those who seek to enhance their well-being through self-directed, positive and lasting changes aligned with their values. This type of coaching is based upon the evidence-based science of behavior change and positive psychology.
As your health and wellness coach, I can help you serve yourself well.
During coaching sessions, we use your insights and values to help you define and develop a clear picture of where you are and where you want to go. We start at your beginning and we go from there. Along the way, we discover what’s important to you at this time in your life and why.
We will use your personal strengths, interests and resources to create a plan for goal setting and action steps to get you where you’d like to be. When you have a plan set in place, goals become much easier to reach. We will focus on what you can control or influence on your journey toward healthy lifestyle change.
Accomplishing goals is the positive side effect, or outcome, of our thoughts and actions as we go along. Most often, taking smaller and sustainable steps is a good and balanced approach toward accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves. As your partner and facilitator, I support you in achieving your health goals and behavioral change. This includes ensuring your goals are consistent with any treatment plans prescribed by professional care providers.
What I bring to each coaching session:
- Unconditional, positive regard for you.
- Belief in your capacity for change, as an ally and supporter of you.
- Confidentiality, respect and non-judgment.
- The appreciation that you are an expert on your life.
- The level of accountability you seek for your actions and commitments.
What you bring to each coaching session is equally important:
- Be willing and able to openly and honestly share your story related to your wellness and progress.
- Understand that you are responsible for your progress through your choices and decisions.
- Be aware that growth and setbacks as well as time and commitment are a normal part of making sustainable changes.
Improving what part of your life would improve your sense of being and feeling well?
Get started on serving yourself well. Schedule a health and wellness coaching session with me, Jackie Stevermer-Bakken, NBC-HWC. We can meet at the RAC, or if you’d prefer, we can meet by virtual meeting, FaceTime, or telephone. Each 1-hour Health and Wellness Coaching session is $70. Or you can purchase a three-session package for $180.
Wishing you joy-filled health and well-being!
Jackie Stevermer-Bakken, NBC-HWC, is a certified health and wellness coach at the Rochester Athletic Club. She has a passion for helping others empower themselves to make the changes they want to better their health and wellness. Jackie has 32 years of experience writing health education information for Mayo Clinic's patients and their family members. Jackie treasures time with her family, being active outside, and creating in the kitchen. At the RAC, you can find her doing RIP class or on a stair climber or rowing machine.
Contact Jackie Stevermer-Bakken
Sign up for our newsletter