"HeadTraining" Yoga Workshop - Build Resilience and Wellbeing with Yoga + Mindfulness + CliftonStrengths
Posted on September 10, 2019
"HeadTraining" will start you on the path to living your best life!
Gain skills and techniques through experiential learning that will help you better manage thoughts, feelings and actions as well as enhance your overall sense of wellbeing.
Workshop participants will learn to:
- Develop inner-body awareness through yoga.
- Manage thoughts, feelings and actions through mindfulness practice and thought models.
- Change the focus from weakness fixing to strengthening innate talents through the CliftonStrengths coaching framework.
- Harness Strengths to bolster wellbeing goals.
This two session workshop will span Friday, October 11 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm and Sunday, October 13 from 1:30 – 3:30 pm. It will be held at the Rochester Athletic Club in the MindBody Studio. Cost is $50 for members or $62 for non-members.
Friday’s session will concentrate on:
- Mindful yoga: Build a mindful yoga practice to develop awareness of your inner body sensations and your mind-body connection.
- Mindfulness meditation: Build an awareness of how you relate to your thoughts.
- CliftonStrengths: Cultivate an understanding of innate talents and how building on what we are naturally good at can be powerful and transformative.
Sunday’s session will deepen your understanding of mindfulness practices and working to your Strengths. It will also connect this knowledge to building resilience. It includes:
- Working with thoughts: Thought models.
- Putting it together: Building resilience intentionally.
- Goal setting: Aiming skills at wellness goals.
Prior to the workshop, participants should take the CliftonStrengths Online Assessment to deepen their understanding of their innate talents. The instructors will send you information about taking the assessment shortly after you sign up for the workshop. Cost is $19.99 for Top 5 Strengths or $49.99 for a complete profile of all 34 CliftonStrengths.
Participants will also have an opportunity to participate in a separate 50 minute private coaching session with Bruce Alfred. This would allow one-on-one exploration of the workshop topics presented, and individualized mapping of natural talents to goals set in the workshop. Additional information regarding private coaching will be offered during the workshop. Cost of a 50 minute Individual Strengths Coaching session is $45 member / $57 non-member (a $150 value). Sign up for a coaching session by emailing Bruce Alfred.
To sign up for the two-session, 3.5 hour HeadTraining workshop or for more information visit the Activities Desk or call at 507-287-9300. Sign up deadline is Wednesday, October 9. Space is limited.
Bruce Alfred is a Gallup certified CliftonStrengths coach and consultant, as well as a 200 E-RYT yoga and mindfulness instructor, teaching at the RAC since 2012. Bruce specializes in helping clients harness the power of mind-body practices and Strengths to live and work to their fullest potential. Learn more at bolsterup.life.com. Clients have included Reading & Math Inc, University of Minnesota, Rochester, as well as Mayo Clinic Residents & Fellows Association.
Margaret Dow, MD is board certified in OBGYN and obesity medicine. She is also a certified health coach and a yoga teacher. Currently, Margaret is the Mayo Clinic clerkship director and oversees wellness curricula across all third year clerkships and OBGYN residency. She serves on the national CREOG/ACOG Physician Wellness Task Force, helping develop national resident and physician resiliency and wellness curricula.