Welcome Summer! - Outdoor Pool Reminders
Posted on June 28, 2019
Members of all ages look forward to the arrival of summer weather and the opening of the Outdoor Pool for the season. Now that the time is arriving (weather permitting the pool will open Saturday, May 25th) we thought it would be a great time to highlight some important pool information. The goal is to help everyone be prepared and ready to have a great experience at the pool this summer!
Daily Timeline of the Outdoor Pool (Weather Permitting):
Club Opening - Swimmers 18 years or older may begin using the Outdoor Lap Lanes.
Before 9:30 am - Some days of the week there may be an Aqua Fitness class which uses the pool and lap lane area. The pool cannot be used for anything but the Aqua Fitness class during this time. See the schedule posted on the Aquatics bulletin board located by the Indoor Lap Pool.
9:30 - 11:00 am - Family Supervision time, all children must be supervised. Special water features (including the slide) are not turned on. If pool is quiet lap swimmers can possibly lap swim. Lap swimming is not guaranteed if there are many children playing in the pool.
11:00 am until posted pool closing time - Lifeguards are now on duty and the pool is fully open and all water features are available. Child Check in is available for ages 7-12. Check in with the lifeguard by the water slide. Daily closing time is now posted on the new large sign next to the pool gate.
After the outdoor lifeguards are off duty - Only 18 and older Lap Swimmers can use the pool until dusk.
Outdoor Pool Rules and Reminders:
Child Supervision Rules:
- All children under 7 must be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times.
- All children under 13 must be accompanied by someone over 13 in all areas of the club. This includes the Outdoor Pool and moving between the Indoor and Outdoor Pool areas.
- Diaper policy: All children potty trained +1 year need to be in a disposable swim diaper with a reusable swim diaper over the disposable.
- Take your children to the bathroom often to avoid “accidents” and unnecessary pool downtime.
- Safety checks are done every day at 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm if pool usage warrants.
- When the weather is hot and humid we will do them more frequently. Please make sure to stay hydrated in these conditions.
Highlighted Safety Rules:
- No running on the deck.
- No diving.
- No horseplay.
- No sitting on the water features.
- No glass inside the pool fence.
- No food past the deck chairs.
Water Slide Rules:
- Must be 6 years old or 42” tall to use the slide.
- No glasses, keys, goggles, or floatation devices.
- One person at a time.
- Feet first on the back or feet first seated sliding position.
- It is OK for parents to catch the child in the catch pool at the base of the slide.
- Locker room towels are not allowed to be taken out to the Outdoor Pool. We do not have enough towels or laundry machines to keep up with the demand of indoor and outdoor usage. Outdoor towels are available for rent at the Outdoor Desk. You are also encouraged to bring your own beach towels.
Swim Attire Reminder
- All must swim in approved swim attire. See the swim attire signs by any of the club whirlpools or on the back of the new large white sign located by the Outdoor Pool entrance.