The Outdoor Pool opened on Saturday May 27th!
Cabana Updates for 2023:
This year the RAC will operate the Cabana. Some of the menu items include: fried chicken sandwiches, chicken bites, boneless wings, RAC famous french fries, nachos, salads, fountain pop, slushies, ice cream, and frozen treats. We are intentionally choosing to not operate the grill, which means there will be no hamburgers or other grilled food.
Members with charging privileges will be able to charge to their accounts this year. Cash, RAC gift cards, and credit and debit cards will also be accepted.
Cabana hours are 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. The Cabana may close or reduce hours due to inclement weather or low pool census.
Daily Timeline of the Outdoor Pool (Weather Permitting):
Club Opening - The Outdoor Pool Lap Lanes are available. Reservation for a lane is required by calling the Activities Desk at (507) 287-9300 or by using the "Reservations" tile on the RAC app. For swimmers 18 years and older.
Before 9:30 am - Most days of the week Aqua Fitness classes will use the pool and lap lane area. The pool cannot be used for anything but the Aqua Fitness class during this time. See the current Group Fitness Live Class Schedule.
9:30 - 11:00 am - Family Supervision time, all children must be supervised. Special water features (including the slide) are not turned on. Reservation for a lap swimming lane is required.
11:00 am until Dusk (approximately 15 minutes before sunset) - Lifeguards are on duty, and all water features are available. Daily closing time is now posted on the new large sign next to the pool gate.
After the outdoor lifeguards are off duty - 18 and older Lap Swimmers can use the pool lap lanes until dusk on a drop-in basis.
Outdoor Pool Rules and Reminders:
Child Supervision Rules:
- All children under 7 must be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times.
- All children under 13 must be accompanied by someone over 16 in all areas of the club. This includes the Outdoor Pool and moving between the Indoor and Outdoor Pool areas.
- Diaper policy: All children potty trained +1 year need to be in a disposable swim diaper with a reusable swim diaper over the disposable.
- Take your children to the bathroom often to avoid “accidents” and unnecessary pool downtime.
- Safety checks are done every day at 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm if pool usage warrants.
- When the weather is hot and humid we will do them more frequently. Please make sure to stay hydrated in these conditions.
Highlighted Safety Rules:
- No running on the deck.
- No diving.
- No horseplay.
- No sitting on the water features.
- No glass inside the pool fence.
- No food past the deck chairs.
Water Slide Rules:
- Must be 6 years old or 42” tall to use the slide.
- No glasses, keys, goggles, or floatation devices.
- One person at a time.
- Feet first on the back or feet first seated sliding position.
- It is OK for parents to catch the child in the catch pool at the base of the slide.
- Locker room towels are not allowed to be taken out to the Outdoor Pool. We do not have enough towels or laundry machines to keep up with the demand for indoor and outdoor usage. Outdoor towels are available for rent at the Outdoor Desk. You are also encouraged to bring your own beach towels.
Swim Attire Reminder:
- All must swim in approved swim attire. Click here to see approved swim attire.