Welcome Summer! Outdoor Pool Reminders
Posted by Rochester Athletic Club on April 29, 2022
The Outdoor Pool has Closed for the Summer 2022 Season - 9/6/2022.
Members of all ages look forward to the arrival of summer weather and the opening of the Outdoor Pool for the season. Since the season will soon arrive we thought this would be a great time to highlight some important pool information. The goal is to help everyone be prepared and ready to have a great experience at the pool this summer!
Cafe Relish Reminder:
You are not be able to charge to your RAC account in the Cabana. You will be able to use cash, credit card, Apple Pay and Google Pay. You can also set up a rechargeable online gift card balance with Cafe Relish to use if you do not want to carry payment information with you. Stop by Cafe Relish or the Cabana for help in setting up.
Daily Timeline of the Outdoor Pool (Weather Permitting):
Club Opening - Monday-Friday the Outdoor Pool Lap Lanes are available. Reservation for a lane is required by calling the Activities Desk at (507) 287-9300 or by using the "Reservations" tile on the RAC app. For swimmers 18 years and older.
Before 9:30 am - Most days of the week there will be an Aqua Fitness class which uses the pool and lap lane area. The pool cannot be used for anything but the Aqua Fitness class during this time. See the current Group Fitness Live Class Schedule.
9:30 - 11:00 am - Family Supervision time, all children must be supervised. Special water features (including the slide) are not turned on.
On Monday-Friday from 9:30-10:15 am, and Weekends from 8:30-10:00 am lap swimmers can swim in the lap swim area.
11:00 am until Dusk (approximately 15 minutes before sunset) - Lifeguards are now on duty and the pool is fully open and all water features are available. Daily closing time is now posted on the new large sign next to the pool gate.
After the outdoor lifeguards are off duty - 18 and older Lap Swimmers can use the pool lap lanes until dusk on a drop in basis.
Outdoor Pool Rules and Reminders:
Child Supervision Rules:
- All children under 7 must be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times.
- All children under 13 must be accompanied by someone over 16 in all areas of the club. This includes the Outdoor Pool and moving between the Indoor and Outdoor Pool areas.
- Diaper policy: All children potty trained +1 year need to be in a disposable swim diaper with a reusable swim diaper over the disposable.
- Take your children to the bathroom often to avoid “accidents” and unnecessary pool downtime.
- Safety checks are done every day at 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm if pool usage warrants.
- When the weather is hot and humid we will do them more frequently. Please make sure to stay hydrated in these conditions.
Highlighted Safety Rules:
- No running on the deck.
- No diving.
- No horseplay.
- No sitting on the water features.
- No glass inside the pool fence.
- No food past the deck chairs.
Water Slide Rules:
- Must be 6 years old or 42” tall to use the slide.
- No glasses, keys, goggles, or floatation devices.
- One person at a time.
- Feet first on the back or feet first seated sliding position.
- It is OK for parents to catch the child in the catch pool at the base of the slide.
- Locker room towels are not allowed to be taken out to the Outdoor Pool. We do not have enough towels or laundry machines to keep up with the demand for indoor and outdoor usage. Outdoor towels are available for rent at the Outdoor Desk. You are also encouraged to bring your own beach towels.
Swim Attire Reminder:
- All must swim in approved swim attire. See the swim attire signs by any of the club whirlpools or on the back of the large white sign located by the Outdoor Pool entrance.
Sign up for our newsletter