Earn Rebates by Working Out
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MN (Sharecare App)
If your health insurance provider is BlueCross BlueShield of MN you may be able to sign up to use the Sharecare app and earn rewards each month. Here are some basics of the program:
- With the Sharecare app you have the option to set up to automatically track your steps with your phone or device. You can also manually enter other workouts into the app totals using a "conversion to steps" chart.
- Since the RAC does not need to track and send your club visits for this rebate option there is no need to notify us of your participation.
- Directions and access to the app are provided by your company.
Rebates Based on Club Visits
NIHCA is the National Independent Health Club Association and they help to administer incentive programs and deliver fitness and wellness benefits based on club visits. Depending on your insurance or employer-sponsored fitness incentive, a rebate of $20 per month may be available to members who qualify. Here are a few examples of insurance providers that may provide rebates based on how many times you use the club during a month (for a complete list see the "Enrollment" heading below):
- Health Partners
- U-Care Minnesota
- Medica Fit Choices
- Preferred One
- To enroll for a fitness incentive program, go to NIHCArewards.org.
- Step by step directions for enrollment can be viewed by reading the RAC’s Guide to Enroll for Insurance Company’s Fitness Incentive Program.
- If you start the “First Time Enrollment” process as described in the guide you will be asked to select your insurance company. If your insurance company is not in the list there is no current incentive program.
Rebate Earning Details
- Earned rebates will be directly deposited into your bank account, and do not show up on your club monthly bill. They will appear around the last week of the following month (Example: credit for April visits would appear at end of May).
- You can check online to view your current visit count or ask at the Front Desk. Learn more on how to use Member Online Services to view your attendance report and see your number of visits on the Create a Member Login web page.
Please contact the Business Office at (507) 287-9307 or by email for additional questions. There are also more information sources available on making changes to your NIHCA account on the NIHCArewards.org website under the green “Members Options” heading.